Friday, November 7, 2008

My days are running together...

Ok so we had/are having an old school LAN at my place tonight. We are playing Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth... I did get pretty good for a while there but I seem to have dropped off... oh well.

I had a pretty uneventful day, I went to work at freaking 9:30am. It was an ok day nothing exciting, just boring sales stuff... Nothing big and we were so slow... Why do we as a nation insist on starting Christmas before thanksgiving anymore? We have already started our holiday hours and we aren't seeing any more business. That, in my opinion, is poor business. I understand that you have to start staying open later so that people can shop for Christmas later in the evening, but seriously, we are still a month and a half, almost two months out from Christmas. Some call me a scrooge but I think that this is getting ridiculous. I saw Christmas stuff out before Halloween and wanted to kill myself. Any way... end of rant, back to what i wanted to talk about, not being able to tell when it is a week day.

So working retail I don't have a set schedule and it has gotten to the point that I just cant remember what day is what. I get to Saturday without ever thinking and if it weren't for britt telling me she had to teach class in the morning, I wouldn't know to set my alarms to get up. Why does retail follow a different set of rules than Corporate America? I understand staying open later but the working on Sundays is ridiculous. There should be self serve gas stations and public servants working on Sundays but that is about it... I just need to get job that is 9-5 and enjoy my weekends off, free time in the evenings, and a predictable schedule. Does anyone else feel like retail work is the worst thing ever? I am feeling quite frustrated with life can you tell?

2 comments:

Britt said...

YAY for Christmas! You are a scrooge...but I love you! And I'm not skipping Thanksgiving...it's just not as fun to decorate for.

josh said...

I worked retail for one month and then quit b/c it was terrible. But i was working at aeorpostale in the collin creek mall... i hate clothes and folding them.... Best Buy wouldn't be so bad, but the hours do suck